Hello and welcome to my fan site about Lifetime Kayaks (Dragonfly Innovations).

The reason for the creation of this blog was to pass on information such as accessories available, reviews, video links and information from others for those that have purchased a kayak already or those thinking of purchasing one in the future.

I purchased a Dragonfly Innovations Kayak around January of 2010. The model I chose is known here in Australia as the Dragonfly Angler 3.0. The same kayak under a different name can be purchased here in Australia and the United States called the Dragonfly Sport Fisher or Manta (now known as Lifetime Sport Fisher and manta).

Some of the reasons I purchased this kayak is that it suits my abilities as a beginner to the kayak scene needing a stable platform to fish from or just to enjoy a day on the water with my wife and daughter. It more than suited both these tasks.

Another factor in my decision to purchase this kayak was to upgrade it with the sailing kit and motor mount accessories that have been a long time coming.

In the future I will provide some photos, an in depth review of my experiences using the Angler 3.0 and some more information on the accessories.

Matt

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sail, Rudder Kit and Motor Mount Accessories

Unfortunately two of the major accessories that were partly the reason I purchased my Lifetime / Dragonfly kayak have still not been released.

I have quizzed lifetime in a couple of emails over the past year without success as to when a possible release date for the Sail Away kit and Motor Mount to suit the Sport Fisher / Manta / Angler 3.0 range of kayaks.

My last response of October 2010 was as follows:

Unfortunately accessories for the kayaks are currently not available. I do not know when they may become available. I would just recommend periodically checking the online website at Customer Service http://www.buylifetime.com/ as the accessories will be available for you to view and purchase there as soon as they become available.Thank you,
Jared
Lifetime Products
I shall make some additional enquiries over the next few weeks and see if any additional information is available.

I'm looking forward to using the Sail Away kit (pictures of the kit in the gallery).

Matt

5 comments:

  1. Some additional information has now been emailed from Lifetime regarding the sailing kit and trolling motor mount that I will post over next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Matt. Thank you for setting up this blog. It is a great resource for info regarding our yaks of choice. Will you be sharing your new info soon?

    I discovered that Lifetime is now selling a sail kit @ http://www.buylifetime.com/Products/BLT/PID-90183.aspx

    It isn't anything like the original design in the catalog, but at least its something. It does not appear to include the rudder. Perhaps they will offer a more complete system as shown in their catalog in the future. I'm eager for the rudder and motor mount kit to become available as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have to make a choice of boat accessories it is always safer that you start with procuring those that are vital to the smooth functioning of your boat and ensure the safety factors you will get from it.

    Otter Phone Guards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some additional information has now been emailed from Lifetime regarding the sailing kit and trolling motor mount that I will post over next few days.
    kayakreviewonline.com

    ReplyDelete