Hello and welcome to my fan site about Lifetime Kayaks (Dragonfly Innovations).

The reason for the creation of this blog was to pass on information such as accessories available, reviews, video links and information from others for those that have purchased a kayak already or those thinking of purchasing one in the future.

I purchased a Dragonfly Innovations Kayak around January of 2010. The model I chose is known here in Australia as the Dragonfly Angler 3.0. The same kayak under a different name can be purchased here in Australia and the United States called the Dragonfly Sport Fisher or Manta (now known as Lifetime Sport Fisher and manta).

Some of the reasons I purchased this kayak is that it suits my abilities as a beginner to the kayak scene needing a stable platform to fish from or just to enjoy a day on the water with my wife and daughter. It more than suited both these tasks.

Another factor in my decision to purchase this kayak was to upgrade it with the sailing kit and motor mount accessories that have been a long time coming.

In the future I will provide some photos, an in depth review of my experiences using the Angler 3.0 and some more information on the accessories.

Matt

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Coming Soon......Fishing Kayak Modifications (Kayak Pimping)

It's been some time since I have posted anything in my blog as I have not been able to get out on the water much in the past 2 years.

Not wanting to be out of the kayak scene totally I took advantage of being dry docked and began to make several modifications to my Dragonfly Innovations Kayak.

In the next few months I shall begin to blog again about my modifications and those of others I have seen around the net. There are some really imaginative setups and some great all round yak pimping that I would like to show that have inspired some of the work I have done.

I will be sure to recognize some of the You Tubers that post videos under the "poor mans fishing kayak" tag.

Please check in again soon or share some of your own kayak pimping.

Matt

3 comments:

  1. Matt, I've got a Dragon Fly as well, I want to put a water snake on the back, do you know where we can get a motor mount from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrick, thanks for checking out my blog. Depends what country you are from. I'm from Australia and purchased the motor mount from BCF. In the U.S. I believe you can buy them from the Lifetime store online. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Matt for posting this. It is short but informative. Love kayaking

    ReplyDelete