Hello and welcome to my fan site about Lifetime Kayaks (Dragonfly Innovations).

The reason for the creation of this blog was to pass on information such as accessories available, reviews, video links and information from others for those that have purchased a kayak already or those thinking of purchasing one in the future.

I purchased a Dragonfly Innovations Kayak around January of 2010. The model I chose is known here in Australia as the Dragonfly Angler 3.0. The same kayak under a different name can be purchased here in Australia and the United States called the Dragonfly Sport Fisher or Manta (now known as Lifetime Sport Fisher and manta).

Some of the reasons I purchased this kayak is that it suits my abilities as a beginner to the kayak scene needing a stable platform to fish from or just to enjoy a day on the water with my wife and daughter. It more than suited both these tasks.

Another factor in my decision to purchase this kayak was to upgrade it with the sailing kit and motor mount accessories that have been a long time coming.

In the future I will provide some photos, an in depth review of my experiences using the Angler 3.0 and some more information on the accessories.

Matt

Friday, August 5, 2011

Lifetime Release Kayak Motor Mount

Lifetime this week has released the long awaited Motor Mount to suit all Sport Fisher and Manta Kayaks.
A few details provided by Lifetime indicate that all accessories required to fix the mount to your kayak have been included in the kit. Interestingly what is not included is the handle extender for the motor control which was originally going to be included according to the initial Dragonfly information I have and pictured in original Dragonfly Innovations photos.

The mount is made from a sturdy aluminium and is powder coated black. It's a smart design allowing you to mount a motor to your kayak without the need for drilling any mounting clips. It also keeps your battery strapped firm and dry by use of a PVC dry bag and strap setup.


The Lifetime Online Store is currently listing the Motor Mount at $249.99USD which seems a bit on the pricey side. I can only hope the local Australian market will set a lower price. I'm certainly looking forward to testing this out and will update here with a hands on review when I can.

5 comments:

  1. Have you got one of these and tested it out yet? I can't find any info about stockists in aus. Thinking about. Biting the bullet and grabbing one from the states

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carlose, thanks for checking out the blog. I don't have one as yet. Like yourself I am waiting for BCF to import via the Lifetime reps in QLD. I was told some months back that BCF was going to get them manufactured locally at a much cheaper rate than importing from the USA. I might get in touch with BCF again and see what's new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its only 150 us dollars at eBay.got mine directly from lifetime ( Utah ).

      Delete
  3. Hi wondering how u went finding a supplier for the mount i need one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for checking out my blog.

      In Australia where i'm from we purchase the motor mount from BCF stores. I saw one for sale at my local BCF a few weeks ago.

      If your in the USA then I would ask Lifetime for a local stockist or buy from them direct http://store.lifetime.com/products/blt/pid-90144.aspx A bit expensive at $199.00 though. I see them in Australia for less than that.

      Good luck with your search.

      Matt

      Delete